Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Painting with Light


Painting SAMAL on top of  us... Cool!

Photos by: Jhay de Guzman

I spent my Independence Day at the beach with new friends, apart from the new people that I have met, I also learned how to do light painting. Although, I didn't try it myself, I took some notes so maybe apply it soon to my photo projects. So you think your flashlight is just something that you use during brown outs, well think again, sometimes it creates MAGIC. weeh!hehe

Thanks to Jhay de Guzman, a photo enthusiast like me, for the impromptu light painting shoot, we actually spent most of the night taking these photos. I've been wondering before how they do this technique and it isn't that hard after all. You just need to have the patience and creativity to acquire the photo that you wanted to achieve.

Here are some photos created by Jhay...

 Angels and the little devil

Will you marry me daw?!

kabooM!!!!

 Lovers in Paradise.... sweet!

 The Demonito LOL

Angel... Where's your wings?!?!

These are some tips that I've learned and observed on how to do light painting:

1. Things to use:

 A sturdy tripod
 flashlight
dim/dark environment
and a DSLR (capable of long exposures)


2. Set your camera: 

ISO at lowest setting (100 or 200)
Aperture or f/stop - On a higher number so as to limit the amount of light to enter
Time Exposure - at 30 seconds
3. Keep it simple if you're a starter.

4. Gently trigger the camera shutter, then the photographer slowly steps into the scene and do some magic, remember practice makes it perfect.

5. Then most importantly, share your photos to be appreciated! LOL  


PS: I'm not photo guru, I am just sharing what I have learned :)

 
More photos... Our names painted into light!








The Girls

The whole gang Jhay, Me, Cathy, Elai, Debbie and Chris
Lovely Davao skyline taken miles away from Talikud Island. It takes my breath away. It's More Fun in the Philippines!




2 comments:

Carmella said...

Thanks for sharing Issa! Like your blog and I'm following you.. =)


http://oc-craft.blogspot.com/

Issa Irasga said...

Thanks Carmela for dropping by :)